The Program for Interdisciplinary Neuroscience has issued a Request for Proposals for pilot project grants. The submission deadline is Sunday June 13, 2021. Awardees will be announced later this year. We intend to make two awards of $50,000 each, one in the field of brain tumor research, the other in any area of basic, translational or clinical neuroscience. Further details and application instructions can be found here.
- NEW ImageJ Online Seminars
A continuation of our virtual seminar series Introduction to Digital Image analysis with ImageJ.
- This seminar series targets audiences who are new/beginner to FIJI ImageJ and digital image analysis.
- All approved participants will receive sample images to be used in the seminar for practice.
- This time, to ensure an interactive environment for the online seminar, participants will be limited to the first 30 registrations. Please choose session(s) based on your ImageJ knowledge level and register responsibly.
- All seminars will be recorded and put online later.
- All time US Eastern time
ImageJ for Beginner I March 15th Monday 1pm-2pm topics include “open, save image data / check image data info: bit depth, pixel scale / concept of ROI Region Of Interests / simple measurement”.
Registration link: https://partners.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIsf-CqqTMpEtU8yTOTMxJHxqde4F-0ys_t
ImageJ for Beginner II March 16th Tuesday 1pm-2pm topics include “thresholding / mask, binary image / automatic objects counting / Analyze Particles function“
Registration link: https://partners.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAqceiuqzspHdHHnGQ7pjf31eR-4iRwxsyO
ImageJ for Beginner III March 22nd Monday 1pm-2pm topics include “concept of filtering / smooth filters / reduce noise / background subtraction: rolling ball /Image Calculator”.
Registration link: https://partners.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0kcO2qpzMoH9TfmJ3mrDEhVpkBDjR21BIy
- NEW Instrument in the NeuroTechnology Studio
Leica DMI6000 Inverted Microscope
- This is an older microscope that was donated to the NeuroTechnology Studio. It is in good working condition, but provides limited options and is intended primarily for users who want to quickly check their samples’ fluorescence intensity level, or manually take fluorescence images.
- View our instrument here
- We are launching a new program of Genomics and Bioinformatics Hub
A new Brigham resource for all collaborative research, services, and training in bioinformatics at the local neuroscience community.
- The hub aims to provide collaborative research and bioinformatics support for basic and translational neuroscience research at BWH, and will operate on a fee for service basis, similar to other local bioinformatics core services.
- View our website here
- We are pleased to announce the recipients of our 2020 Women’s Brain Initiative Fellowship awards:
Jessica Lipschitz, PhD (Dept of Psychiatry) and Rajae Talbi, PhD (Division of Endocrinology).
- See the announcement for further details here
- Women’s Brain Initiative Seminar, September 14, 2020, 4 – 5pm, via zoom
Steven McCarroll, PhD
- Dorothy and Milton Flier Associate Professor of Genetics, Harvard Medical School Member, Broad Institute
- Interests: Genetics of brain disorders
Click here for more details
- Women’s Brain Initiative Seminar, September 30, 2020, 4 – 5pm, via zoom
Eric Nestler, MD, PhD
- Dean for Academic and Scientific Affairs and Director of the Friedman Brain Institute
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Interests: Sex differences in the molecular mechanism of depression & addiction
Click here for more details